Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Thing #20 Youtube and Thing #21 Podcast

I'm posting on these two topics at the same time since I think that they are closely related.

Youtube has it's uses (beyond the leaked footage of Ironman 2 from the San Diego Comic Con that showed up today... well I thought it was the most useful thing I've seen lately on youtube :) ). Youtube is a great resource of free and public use library tutorials that everyone can get a hold of.

That being said I think podcasts are the better way to go. Our library has just purchased Camtasia and will have a series of online tutorials in place by the end of the semester. Podcasts have the advantage in the fact that they can be individually costumized for the specific needs of your institution. Also even if you can't not aford to make your own podcasts there are numerous institions, companies and sites that provide free podcasts and often will allow others to link or even repost their work.

No comments:

Post a Comment