Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Thing #16 LibraryThing

Ditto... Eh,

Who has time to read any more?

I have a vast, vast personal library of books I've been collecting for 30 years. I have bought perhaps 20 new books this year to add to the collection.

I haven't read a single one all the way though.

Several have been sitting on my night stand for months now, never opened. I have checked perhaps a half dozen books from work over the last year. I think I got to chapter three in one of them, the rest were returned to the library unread.

I used to be a voracious reader. My first week of college I found out that UT had the complete collection of Frank L. Baum books that I had enjoyed as a child. many of the books I had never seen before. I read the complete collection (20 or so books) in 4 days. This was quickly followed by every Nebula and Hugo award winner.

Sadly now-a-days I just have other things that take priority. Maybe it's just a phase and I'll my excitement in books will return. But right now LibraryThing just isn't my thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment